Importing and Exporting can be almost as easy as shipping down the road. Let us help you remove the borders from your marketplace.
We have extensive experience in shipping both via air and sea freight. Our services include:
- Consolidation Service
- Urgent Next day and Expedited Service
- Full Container Load
- Less Than Container Load
- Oversized and Project Cargo
- Intermodal Truck/Rail/Ocean
Value Added Services
- Documentation (Consular, Letter of Credits and Customs)
- Transit Insurance Canada Coast-to-Coast Electronic Customs Clearance Network
- Import / Export Permit Agent (DFAIT)
- Barcode Technology
- Export/Import documentation including Certificate of Origin, Permits
- Canada Customs clearance includes: cargo tariff classification, duty & tax calculating, Government payment facilitation
- Electronic document transmission (EDI) to government agencies and suppliers
- Global agency of FIATA qualified freight forwarding agents
- Personal support and shipment tracking by your appointed CBS Specialist
- All Risk cargo insurance coverage
- Single point of contact throughout the entire transaction
- Experienced consulting on shipping options, methods & carriers to best suit your needs
- Guidance on best Customs practices and product classification resulting in minimized costs while remaining compliant.
- Current shipping rates & options based on reputable carriers
HOW YOU BENEFIT
With one live call your CrossBorder specialist is working as your logistics advisor and international freight specialist. The results:
- Reduced product cost as a result of compliant shipping services (no delays).
- Quick product turn around to your clients
- Less Claims/damage due to use of only qualified shipping lines and air carriers.
- Saved transport costs knowing that the market has been shopped for best rate/route every time.
- Save time by letting us coordinate your shipment, source & manage transport providers and government agencies.
- The security of knowing that your CBS Coordinator is looking out for your best interests and is always available to you.
All Risk Cargo Insurance
With the risks of inclement weather, natural disasters, mechanical failure, human error and the multiple handlings that go with international shipping, you should consider insurance protection for your goods while they are in transit.
So you think it can't happen to your cargo? Marine, Air and Land incidents are estimated to cost between 30 & 50 billion dollars annually due to cargo damage and losses. Isn't the carrier's liability insurance good enough? ... if you think so, then consider the following.
Carriers do not provide cargo insurance on your goods. What they have in place is liability insurance in case you make a claim against them. With that you have to prove that the carrier was at fault. As there is often multiple carriers involved, it can make it much harder to prove. This is a very time consuming and expensive process that may not even be successful if you cannot show irrefutable proof. All risks insurance protects you against most types of physical loss or damage from external causes and all you need to provide is proof of damage or loss.
All Risk Cargo Insurance vs. Carriers Liability
All Risk Cargo Insurance
- No need to prove fault on the part of the carrier
- You have to prove that the Carrier is liable
- Settlement is based on the invoice value + freight costs+10% mark up.
- If proven, settlement is based on the weight of the shipment, usually limited to a maximum of
$3/ pound, regardless of the shipment's value!
- Coverage includes Acts of God, strikes, civil Commotions
- Does not cover all risks, such as Acts of God, strikes, civil commotions.
- Door to door coverage irrespective of the number
of carriers used.
- A claim must be filed against each carrier individually.
- For shipments with straightforward damage claims, once all supporting documents are received, settlement is reached within 48 hours.
- The cost of your time in proving liability, chasing the carriers, and if they say no, your recourse through the courts?
An "All Risks" policy pays first. After a claim is settled, the insurers through their recovery agents, will seek recovery against the carriers involved.
How To Get Coverage on your Cargo
Simply let us know in writing, that you want coverage and we will issue the policy and send it to you.
We will need the following information from you:
- Where specifically the goods will be tendered for shipping.
- Where specifically is their final destination (the two points define the insured transport coverage)
- Details and quantity of the commodity including what your are charging for it (commercial invoice is fine).
How Much Does it Cost?
All Risk coverage is based on the cost of the commodity you are shipping (plus the cost of insurance and freight) , the method of shipping and the country of final destination. The percentage can vary between .22% of the value up to 3% of the value.
Are there any key things I need to know about what is covered and what isn't?
CrossBorder Solutions offers the insurance of Continental Casualty Company, as represented by Marsh Canada Inc, one of the world's foremost insurance brokers. The complete terms and conditions are available upon request.
What Happens When We Have a Claim?
Immediately contact the Insurance Agent shown on your Policy. Contact us to assist you in submitting the required documents.
"We give you TIME TO FOCUS on YOUR BUSINESS and what you do best. Stay confident. You have experienced partners in international logistics supporting your efforts."